Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Enter At Your Own Risk

Preparations were already made to write about the cap&trade lunacy in WashDC, or Ben Bernanke's enchanting talk this morning about the fedrazzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Oops. Dozed off. Then I saw a story at Libertas. Actually the good folks there were linking to TigerHawk who got the story from the New York Daily News: Angelina Jolie Has Guns And She Ain't Afraid To Use Them.

"If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I've no problem shooting them," (Jolie) said. "I can handle myself. There's a side to me that people know is humanitarian, and there's a side to me that's a mommy. But there's also the side that likes to get down and dirty and run and jump around and fire guns."
If I have ever seen an Angelina Jolie movie I can't remember it. But this news, added to her op-ed a while back calling for the USA to see Operation Iraqi Freedom through to victory for humanitarian reasons, convinced me to put a Jolie movie at the top of my Netflix queue. Judging from the way she handles the hardware in her movies (judging from the dozens of stills I just went through to find a picture for this story) I believe she can protect her kids just fine. As for that Pitt fella, well, I'd trust Angelina with a Sig long before him. Someday I'll tell you about the night I ran into him at Casa Vega on Ventura Blvd. in Sherman Oaks. I'm sure he's a nice kid. Really. But she's tougher. A lot tougher.