Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Single Digits? That's Very Hard To Do

The nation's most accurate polling company, Rasmussen Reports (TM), has astonishing news today. The Democrat controlled US Congress has the lowest approval rating in the history of their polling. The way they ask the question is Party-neutral, of course:

How would you rate the way Congress is doing its job? Excellent, Good, Fair or Poor.

Just 2% said Excellent. Good got only 7% for a total positive rating of 9%.

Fair came in at 36% while a majority offered the lowest assessment possible, Poor at 52%. In fact, only 13% of DEMOCRATS viewed the Congress they put in power positively.

One of our favorite Congress Critters, Jeb Hensarling from Texas, noted similar low numbers reported by Gallup thusly, "Not only does Congress have an approval rating below bubonic plague and head lice, I saw a recent poll that as many as 40 percent of people still believe that Congress is in Republican hands. I wish we could get a little accuracy out there about who is in charge – and let those ratings fall where they may."