Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Call President Goodwrench

Just when we were getting used to calling him Lord ObamaPrompter he gives himself a new name: President Goodwrench.



"Let me say it as plainly as I can. If you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired just like always. Your warranty will be safe. In fact it will be safer than it's ever been. Because starting today the United States will stand behind your warranty!"



Seriously. You really can't make this stuff up. But it did get me wondering, here on the plantation we have a Chevy Tahoe that is out of its warranty period. But, President Goodwrench says the warranty is better than ever before because he's behind it. (The State is Me.) So my question is, is my truck now back in warranty? Because, sir, I had to replace the ignition coil and the plug wires this weekend. We had 'em do an oil change too since it was in the shop anyway. The bill came to $468.09. Now do I send that to you? Or is this part of Slow Joe Biden's area? (Without his hairplugs Joe would look kinda like a mechanic. You, sir, not so much.) Hey, I can delete the oil/filter & lube part I guess. So let's see, you owe me $468.09 less $27.95 I reckon. That's $440.14. Make it an even $440-- close enough for government work! Am I right? Ha ha ha!



Now, in December I had to take a Jeep in to have a window regulator fixed, President Goodwrench. They did an OK job on that but, unfortunately, they broke the door panel putting it back on. They told me they'd call when the new part came in and install it for free but so far we haven't heard anything. It's been a while. Should I call them, Mr. President or will you handle that for me with the new and improved warranty program. Should I wait to hear from you or Joe? Can the Teleprompter handle it? He seems pretty efficient. Let me know, please.