Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Nuclear Iran in 2009?

Every day we see fresh announcements being made from behind a podium with a placard reading "The Office of the President Elect." Of course, there is no such thing. It reminds me of when I was a young kid and wanted to be the next Ernie Harwell. I created an entire dice baseball league just so I could have players with statistics as I called play-by-play into my little reel-to-reel tape recorder. It's pathetic in the context of adulthood, but not so sad for a ten year old with a dream.

Pretending there is an "Office of the President Elect" is pathetic and, sadly, about what I would expect from a pompous, arrogant guy who has published two self-absorbed autobiographies before accomplishing jack squat in real life.

But, since you're going to act like POTUS-Elect is a real Constitutional office, tell us, Oh Lord O, watcha gonna do about Iran going nuclear in 2009? By the way, it doesn't matter in the least if you pronounce it like Johnson, Carter, or GWB. It didn't matter that JFK pronounced Cuba with an "R" on the end when he botched the Bay of Pigs fiasco. What matters is what the next non-pretend POTUS will do about a nuclear Iran. Any ideas? Or are you too busy playing dress-up President to concentrate on that one?