Tuesday, August 18, 2009

That'll Make Ya Walk Funny



John Cleese is settling up his third divorce. He isn't pleased by the settlement in California.

Excerpts:

“At least I will know in the future if I go out with a lady they will not be after me for my money.”

Michael Winner, the former film director and acerbic restaurant critic who has been Cleese’s closest friend for 30 years, said: “It is an extraordinary world which means John is left with much less than his former wife even though he is the star who did all the work. The settlement defies human belief. John is extremely cross about it and I don’t blame him. The settlement comes after two years of harrowing legal argument. John has worked all his life and will now have to continue working because he has seen a huge chunk of what he has worked for going to his former wife who he rescued from a council flat.”

Cleese added: “I got off lightly. Think what I’d have had to pay Alyce if she had contributed anything to the relationship.”