Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's A Holiday Two-Fer Tuesday


Whilst dropping by one of my daily must-reads, Chattering Teeth, I found out that this is Earth Day. A young associate here in the office told me that Arbor Day is this Friday, at least he thinks it is. Through simple coincidence I already had planned to hitch up the buckboard (AKA a giant Chevy SUV) and gallop over to the Lowe's in the county seat during lunchtime today. I need to buy another 40 cubic feet of mulch-- to add to the 88 cubic feet I've already put down in the flower beds. But now that I know it's Earth Week I shall treat myself to something I've sorely needed for a while. When we moved here in the summer of 2005 I left my old chain saw behind for the buyer of our California manse. Many is the day I've thought, "I wish I had that old chainsaw." So, Happy Earth Week to everyone at Amalgamated Monkeydarts, the next sound you'll hear is WILD THING! Too loud? Putt on a pair of muffs, rookie.
UPDATE: They had five, count 'em 5, Wild Thing chainsaws in stock. We filled the SUV with mulch, weed&feed, (lawn chemicals for Earth Day--Yay!!) and got a Wild Thing for every member of the family. Our woodlot does not stand a chance on Arbor Day. As Nature Boy says, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"